This heart-healthy take on classic chili utilizes ground lean ground turkey, instead of beef, in order to reduce the amount of fat and saturated fat in the recipe. A helpful tip: wash and rinse your beans before adding them to the chili. You'll cut down the starch and sodium that's found in canned beans, and you'll save your chili from becoming cloudy and super thick. Try out the recipe below and let us know what you think!
- In a large skillet, cook and crumble turkey with celery, onion, and green pepper over medium-high heat until turkey is no longer pink, 6-8 minutes. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker.
- Stir in seasonings, tomatoes, pasta sauce, chili beans, water, and corn.
- Cook, covered, on high for 1 hour.
- Reduce setting to low; cook, covered, 5-6 hours or until flavors are blended.
- Stir in kidney and pinto beans; cook, covered, on low for 30 minutes longer.
- If desired, serve with sour cream, avocado, and jalapeno.
Titanium Elite 8 piece Small Set ( 4 Piece Cookware & 4 Lids )
#420 Ø 8" x 2" deep fry pan (20cm x 4cm) $239 #424 Ø 9.5" x 1.25" deep fry pan (24cm x 4cm) $249 #724 Ø 9.5" x 2" deep fry pan (24cm x 7cm) $329 #924 Ø 9.5" x 7" deep… read more