Easy and quick this curry is a staple of Japanese cuisine. There are so many ways to make this dish your own, but below we've provided a pretty straightforward and classic recipe for a beef curry. You can use the same recipe for chicken or pork. Also, try using different brands of curry roux. They are all a little different in flavors and taste.
- Prepare and cook rice according to the amount and directions on the package.
- Season beef chunks with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add beef chunks and sear till they get a brown color all over. Plate them out. Do not overcrowd, cook in batches if necessary.
- In the same pot, sauté chopped onions till golden brown. Add in garlic and ginger and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add in potatoes and carrots, along with beef chunks, and mix well. Stir in 3.5 to 4 cups of water and bring it to a boil. Lower the heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, for 45-50 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cook till meat is tender.
- Add in curry roux and stir till it dissolves. Add in ketchup, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and apricot jam. Cook for 10-15 additional minutes.
Titanium Elite Cook Pot Series
THE PERFECT POT IN THE PERFECT SIZE 9" WIDE X 4" DEEP # 924 $299.95 10" WIDE X 4" DEEP # 926 $329.95 11" WIDE BY 4" DEEP # 928 $399.95 13" WIDE BY 4" DEEP # 1632 $449.95 #924,… read more